RICHIE J. EDWARDS, Esq.
Richie earned his undergraduate degree, along with a certificate for oral and written Spanish proficiency from Brigham Young University before earning his law degree from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at ASU. After graduating from ASU, Richie began practicing in the areas of family law and inmate civil rights litigation where he gained invaluable courtroom experience and honed his interpersonal legal skills assisting both English and Spanish-speaking clients. Richie then spent some time defending employers and carriers against workers’ compensation claims before joining FR Law Group.
Richie’s work with Spanish-speaking clients follows his time volunteering as a translator for the Women, Infants, and Children Program of Utah County and ASU’s Immigration Initiative. Richie believes in providing excellent client service through attention to detail and timely communication. He is committed to providing outstanding legal counsel on time and on the message within the tight timelines required. Richie is currently a member of the Arizona State Bar and the Maricopa County Bar Association, where he serves as a Board Member for the Young Lawyers’ Division, and is a fellow of the Sandra Day O’Connor Inn of Court. He is admitted to the State Bar of Arizona and the United States District Court for the District of Arizona
FR LAW GROUP PLLC. Phoenix, AZ. Associate. March 2021 – Present.
FR Law Group PLLC is a boutique litigation and commercial transaction law firm. The founding partners come from AM Law 100 law firms and a Fortune 1000 company.
Phoenix, AZ. Associate. May 2020 – March 2021.
Focused on representing and advising insurance carriers and employers in workers’ compensation matters and appeals.
- Responsibilities included drafting pleadings and memoranda to the Court, taking depositions, interviewing witnesses and investigating claims, interviewing experts, and attending all hearings through completion of the trial process.
- Authored successful Request for Review based on Court’s application of incorrect standard.
- Co-authored successful Answering Brief to the Arizona Court of Appeals leading to denial of claim being upheld on statutory grounds.
Phoenix, AZ. Associate. November 2019 – April 2020.
Focused on Family law and Civil Rights litigation.
- First Chair. Bench Trial. Maricopa County Superior Court. February 2020.
- Managed entirety of Firm’s caseload during Managing Partner’s leave from December 2019 – February 2020.
SANDRA DAY O’CONNOR COLLEGE OF LAW AT ARIZONA STATE UNIVERSITY, Phoenix, AZ. Juris Doctor, May 2019.
- Sports and Entertainment Law Journal
- Corporate and Business Law Students Association
BRIGHAM YOUNG UNIVERSITY, Provo, UT. Bachelor of Arts, Latin American Studies, May 2016.