Trusted, experienced trial lawyer with over 75 trials with a jury verdict. Over 30 years of serving clients in state and federal courts throughout the United States. Rated as a top lawyer in numerous peer and legal reviews, including Benchmark, Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, the American College of Coverage Counsel, Super Lawyers, and others. Recognized as one of the nation’s leading lawyers for insurance coverage disputes for all lines of insurance and reinsurance. Also, more than 30 years representing clients in courts and administrative proceedings related to NEPA, CERCLA, the CWA, and other environmental laws and regulations.
FR LAW GROUP PLLC. Phoenix, AZ. Founding Partner. December 2017 – Current.
FR Law Group PLLC is a boutique litigation and commercial transaction law firm. The founding partners come from AM Law 100 law firms and a Fortune 1000 company.
POLSINELLI PC. Phoenix, AZ. Equity Shareholder and Board member. March 2010-November 2017.
Polsinelli is a national AM Law 100 law firm.
- National practice group leader (insurance and environmental affairs).
- Led litigation team in a mass insurance recovery for polluted sites spread throughout the United States. The representation resulted in over $100 million in recovery for the client.
- Led litigation team in crop insurance claim on behalf the country’s largest box tree wholesaler and retailer. The representation resulted in over $13 million in recovery for the client.
- Led litigation team in over 50 insurance recovery actions, which resulted in over $150 million in recovery for the clients.
- Successfully represented largest self-moving company in bad faith and defamation trial.
- Led litigation team in defense of manufacturer regarding multiple allegations of Chronic Beryllium Disease.
- Led litigation team in defense of a manufacturer in the largest Superfund trial in the western United States.
- Oversaw national pro bono program, which included coverage on 60 Minutes and national law firm of the year.
BRYAN CAVE LLP. Phoenix, AZ. Equity Shareholder. June 1996-March 2010.
Bryan Cave is a national AM Law 100 law firm.
- National Practice Group Leader (insurance, environmental)
- Pro Bono Committee
- Hiring Committee
- Led litigation team in insurance recovery claims and lawsuits on behalf of global mining company. The representation resulted in recoveries exceeding $100 million for the client.
- Led litigation team in defense of global hotel company regarding mass Legionnaires Disease outbreak.
- Led litigation team in defense of Florida hotelier in connection with mass Legionnaires Disease outbreak.
- Led litigation team in insurance recovery claims and lawsuits on behalf of two international companies. The representation resulted in recoveries exceeding $35 million.
- Led litigation team in over 50 insurance recovery claims, both domestically and in the London market. The representations resulted in recoveries exceeding $75 million.
O’CONNOR CAVANAGH, Inc. Phoenix, AZ. May 1989-April 1996
OCC was a regional law firm.
- Hiring Committee
- Leader of Insurance Recovery
- Tried more than 50 tort and contract lawsuits to a jury verdict.
- Led litigation team in connection with Department of Defense proceeding for international manufacturer.
- Led litigation team in connection with California’s largest Superfund case.
VANDERBILT UNIVERSITY LAW SCHOOL, Nashville, TN. Juris Doctorate Degree, May 1989.
DEPAUW UNIVERSITY, Greencastle, IN. Bachelor’s Degree, cum laude, May 1986.
AFFILIATIONS AND RECOGNITIONS
- Board Member, American College of Coverage Counsel
- Advisory Board, Maricopa County Volunteer Lawyers’ Program
- Board Member, Pinewood Country Club
- Benchmark Litigation Star, 2012-current
- Arizona’s Finest Lawyers, 2014-present
- Super Lawyers, 2011-present